Starting Monday I will be joining my mom(Mary at Owlhaven) and my sister(Erika at Overflow) in a fun blog project. Throughout October we will be improving our focus skills by decreasing time spent online and refreshing our homes and hearts with fun projects and time spent doing more of the things that really matter. We will be spending at least 31 minutes a day doing something a little out of the ordinary and then sharing pictures and ideas on our blogs.
Some of my goals for the month –
- Organize something or do a craft/sewing project every day. I have plenty of spaces in my house that could use fixing up and definitely plenty of fun projects that I’ve been meaning to start. 31 minutes a day on any of these things would make some great progress by the end of a month!
- Make the house prettier. We moved in more than a year ago and we’ve still got some blank wall and boring spaces that need some serious beautifying. Plus, seasonal decor, anyone??
- Do a closet deep purge. Get rid of stuff that’s ratty or not quite flattering or that I’ve not worn for ages. If I can sew it a bit to be something I’ll wear more often, great, but those black Sunday shoes I’ve had since I was 13? Definitely out the door come October. ABOUT. TIME.
- Work more on wearing fun outfits, not just the jeans/tee that are so easy to throw on every day(I know you hear me on this). This will include some fun new hairstyles and maybe the purchase of an item or two that occurs repeatedly on my Pinterest clothing board.
- Limit internet. I haven’t decided how much yet. Erika is being extremely strict with herself and Mom slightly less so. I’ll let you know on Monday what I decide.
- Blog more often. I’m aiming for 5 posts a week.
- Read 1-2 non-fiction books. I’m such a fiction junkie. I need to stretch my brain out and read something real every now and again.
Limitations include –
- A $125 project/etc budget for the month.
- Garden produce may take up my free time once or twice.
- I have a four month old, need I say more?
At the moment, that’s the plan for October. Should be a fun exercise in doing more of what I really enjoy(accomplishing stuff!) and less of what I’ll regret later(hours of Facebook, Pinterest, and *ahem* Angry Birds).
Would you like to focus and be refreshed? Erika will be hosting a link-up starting Monday for all of our 31 Days posts and we’d love for you to join in. Set some useful goals for yourself and whenever you post about your doings go add a link to your post. Brag on yourself, and lets all cheer for each other!
What could you accomplish with 31 minutes a day spent more usefully?