This was the babies at the start of their nap today. I moved Wilona right after the picture, but aren’t they sweet? Good long naps today. Ascher for two hours and Wilona for 2.5. I think playing outside with him right before nap really helped zonk him out faster.
- Faster responses on my part to their needs, thus…
- Calmer babies, thus…
- Calmer mama.
- Baking bread! I think in the last 18 months I could count on one hand the number of times I made real bread(wonder why?), so it’s nice to have the house smelling like it again. Today was two big loaves of a partly sourdough leavened bread and a, experimental, batch of gf. Both turned out yummy!
- Unearthing my sewing room. Not done, but progress. I might sew again someday!
- There truly is more time in the day! Dishes, laundry, dinner, playtime, I can do it all! Apparently I had a bigger problem than I knew with time-management.
- Actually reading books about real things. I read, for the first time, one given to us as a wedding present. It’s been on my to-reads for four and a half years, folks. FOUR AND A HALF YEARS! Absurd. Not that I was actually missing anything, but hey, now I can get it out of my house guilt-free, right?
- Feeling empowered to DO things! Today my positive affirmation, was, no joke, “You are a strong woman. It is ok to throw away the empty glass candle jars. Yes, even if they have lids and are cute. You are strong enough to to this!” And I did. Then I flinched and repeated the affirmation every time I had to throw something away and saw them again. Today, candle jars, tomorrow? Who knows. Clutter, begone!
Little Miss Tomato Munchkin Shortcake is just the happiest little thing. I was sure after happy little Ascher that we’d get a crabby baby, but no. She’s a dolly and wants nothing more than to eat and play with people and be let to sleep. Love her sweetness!
(click a picture to see them larger and scroll through)