Ok, so I remembered a few months ago that there was a blogging tradition of the 100th blog post being a list of 100 things about the blogger. I was already past that by a couple so I decided that I’d just do 130 things about me for my 130th blog post because that seemed like a safe distance away and I figured I’d work on it gradually. Of course I didn’t.
And (ta-dah!) this is my 130th blog post. Which should explain why you’ve had no new posts for a week. I got…checking…38 things into my list and ran out of things. Well, also, it was 11:14pm and my brain was toast and I was like, meh, forget about it. But, ever since then, whenever I think about blogging that post gives me the evil eye and I turn and run, because, 92 more things about me? What was I thinking? And also the lists started flying around facebook. You know, the ones that if you like them you get assigned a number of random/unknown things to reveal about yourself on your status? (By the way , if you wrote one I’m sure it was lovely, I was just afraid to like any of them because… well, I didn’t want to do a list of 7 four different times. Tell me again why I thought 130 such a doable number?)
But, at the same time I hate feeling like I got a whole 29% done with my list only to abandon it. Dilemmas, dilemmas. How about a list of 13 things and I can quit having this post hanging over my head and your eyes won’t glaze over from utter boredom, ‘kay?
How about these.
- I always have to try more than once to spell vacuum and occasionally.
- I can never, never, never remember without checking which way batteries are supposed to go.
- When I was 8-14 I wanted to be a veterinarian(inspired by the James Herriot books) and or marine biologist(inspired by Reading Rainbow) and I volunteered once a week for a year at a vet clinic when I was 12.
- I love corgis.
- I’ve watched Jurassic Park about a dozen times.
- I love books about boarding schools (I always remember this one as one of my favorites.) and I very much wanted my parents to send me to a boarding school in Europe for my senior year of high school.
- I own 8 (different!)bundt pans.
- I had probably 10 years of doing some form of singing and/or dancing lessons during school years. Ballroom dancing is my absolute favorite and I spent one semester of college doing 10-14 hours a week, on top of my school work(all A’s, thank you!).
- I have a couple computer programs that I enjoy designing house blueprints on.
- Given the choice between chocolate and vanilla based ice creams I’ll usually choose vanilla. Preferably with toffee pieces and/or caramel sauce.
- I’m a home birther.
- I’ve read the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings series at least 8 times.
- I used to take lots of personality tests hoping for insight into “what I should be when I grow up”. Seems there’s no personality type for “mom”, but I still think the tests are fun. I’m an INFP, which according to these charts seems to be hero material. This is another fun one. :D
And there you have it. 13 things you may or may not know about yours truly.