Instead of month olds, that is.
Ascher at 2 –
- weighs 31ish lbs
- is putting together lots of short sentences
- loves small(4-6 pieces) frameless puzzles. These from Citrus Lane** are perfect for him right now.
- I asked him to put his puzzle away and he ran to his room where I assumed he put it on the dresser, since his shelf is too high to reach. A minute later he’s pulling a kitchen chair down the hall, groaning and whimpering(it was not cooperating)… He’s very literal sometimes.
- tries to help Wilona obey(No trash, Lola! as he tries to help her walk away)
- enjoys picking berries, watering flowers, and putting dishes and silverware way.
- His favorite pre-bed activity is running back and forth as fast as he can through the house with Ben.
- still loves to look at books, calls some books by name and can remember and repeat opening phrases for several.
- is working on counting(one, two, three, five, six, seven!), animals and sounds, colors and the fact that written words mean something.
- loves helping with cooking and washing dishes
- recognizes from our backyard the different sounds of cars, trucks, motorcycles, planes, helicopters and trains
- would still prefer to eat solely fruit and veggies(and probably ice cream cones, haha)
Wilona at 1-
- weighs 19ish lbs
- started wanting to walk with help all the time
- has taken several independent steps a few times
- loves to drive hotwheels cars
- or do whatever Ascher is doing, really. She follows him everywhere!
- starting to talk some(run run run, hi, Nana, jump jump, Da da da, no,)
- starting to help clean up
- knows some signs(please, eat, milk, sleepy, bed, cheese) but frequently if we try to show her a sign she just tries to say the word.
- moos for cow sounds
- if she sees people with plates she follows them to beg for bites
- but is still nursing for probably 80-90% of her food
- hunts down kitchen chairs, boxes and large-ish toys that she can push around and walk with.
- sometimes gives kisses and sometimes licks my face. It’s a tossup.
- is definitely a conversationalist. She points around at things and tells us aaaallll about them. :D
It is so much fun to see how much they looove playing together. Wilona follows Ascher around everywhere and Ascher loves to make it a chase game, or make sure she has a toy or a snack just like him.
**Speaking of Citrus Lane – I was sent three codes for three friends to get a free first box, so if you haven’t tried them and would like to please leave a comment and I’ll email you a code! Thanks!